LU.CA – Teatro Luís de Camões is one of Lisbon’s municipal equipments, and its artistic programme is exclusively dedicated to children and young audiences.
This programming began in 2007 at Maria Matos Municipal Theatre, and now is getting settled in this new venue, the first one in the country directed to younger audiences, thus widening both its mission and goals.
Host and support contemporary performing arts shows directed to children and young people, as well as its links to other arts on relevant topics of our times, at the same time bringing artists and works, audiences and the venue closer together.
– To provide an active contribute to the enjoyment of Arts and artistic education in Portugal;
– To promote an informed, aware and engaged reception of the arts, from the very early years, thus creating critical and creative audiences for arts and culture, expanding the range of worldviews;
– To strengthen bonds with the target-audiences in family, school and community-based contexts, by bringing them closer to the Performing Arts through creative interaction;
– To provide a regular and sustained artistic and cultural programme that challenges artistic creation and procures co-productions, partnerships and hosting of national and international projects, in the lookout for new concepts and expressions with contemporary and/or reinvented formulations;
– To provide contemporary artists currently working or wanting to work with such audiences the conditions to invest creatively, and contribute to their professional development by supporting artistic questioning and research dynamics leading to a skillful and solid practice;
– To stand its ground as a national reference in the field of arts for Children, facilitating the coming together of ideas and reflection on artistic creation for this audience;
– To undergo its activities in a sustainable and Eco-friendly fashion;
– To invest in more inclusive measures of physical, social and intellectual accessibility.